ICMP is the trade association representing music publishers’ interests worldwide. ICMP’s membership comprises Associations from across Europe, the Middle East, North and South America, Africa, Australasia and Asia-Pacific, as well as the leading independent, multinational, international and SME music companies around the world.
Foremost among ICMP's missions are to increase copyright protection internationally, encourage a better environment for the music business, serve as an industry forum for consolidating global positions and safeguard the interests of our music industry members.
More information at www.icmp-ciem.org
ICMP Public Affairs Executive.
This new role promises the successful applicant the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and global industry. It is also a new role within our team, so the colleague will have latitude to mould the role according to their goals, ideas and methods.
- Institutional relations – building a close and productive network of professional relations with all relevant decision-making institutions;
- Monitoring of, reporting and acting on legal and regulatory developments worldwide e.g. on European Union legislation, WIPO and national legislatures;
- Carry out research on legislative and market issues as requested;
- Prepare reports for ICMP’s national, regional, global and commercial memberships and file summaries in English;
- Centrally contributing to ICMP’s lobbying. Responsibility to support those of our members;
- Responsibility as a liaison and coordination of ICMP’s Committees and Bureaux;
- Willingness to travel (in certain periods regularly; sometimes at short notice; both short and long distance).
- The role requires a legal background with qualifications to postgraduate level;
- Specific qualifications in the field IPR law (particularly copyright) will be to a candidate’s strong advantage;
- Qualifications in politics, journalism or similar fields will also be considered.
The successful applicant will:
- Bring a minimum of 5 years professional experience working in a relevant industry or comparable professional environment;
- Be very detail oriented and highly dedicated;
- Have an established network of relevant professional contacts;
- Be an excellent time manager. Particularly able to work to tight deadlines and quickly adapt as situations change;
- Be proactive and a self-starter;
- Someone always keen to evaluate our methods and ask: ‘how can this be done better?’
- Fluent English, both written and spoken, is essential.
- Proficiency in other languages (particularly French, German and Spanish) is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Outline of terms
- The salary will be negotiable based on experience;
- A compensation package will be agreed with added benefits and performance-related bonus options;
- The contract will be open-ended;
- ICMP will cover all provision of costs and required equipment.
How to apply/timing
- Your professional CV (max. 2 pages; in .PDF format) and;
- A cover letter (max. 2 pages; in .Doc format)
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 1 March 2019, by 4pm CET.
Due to standard volume, necessarily only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.